For nearly 50 years, Regional Mental Health Center, a Regional Health Systems community mental health center (CMHC), has provided mental health services in Northwest Indiana.
- To provide cost-effective, consumer-driven continuum of preventative, consultative and direct-treatment behavioral health services;
- To strategically position the Center for long-term financial viability;
- To plan, evaluate, and to seek continuous improvement of the Center’s services through broad-based processes;
- To educate the public and advocate the needs to the mentally ill, emotionally disturbed, and chemically dependent;
- To provide research and training opportunities that fall appropriately within the field of mental health and chemical dependency.
- Quality: Striving and committed to excellence in all we do.
- Stewardship: Responsibly using, preserving and enhancing the Center’s human and material resources as a community not-for-profit organization.
- Collaboration: Communicating and working with others for the benefit of all.
- Compassion: Responding to the feelings and needs of each person with kindness, concern and empathy.
- Integrity: Adhering to strong moral and ethical principles in all we do.
- Respect: Recognizing and valuing the dignity and uniqueness of each person.
Nearly fifty years ago, Regional Health Systems, a member of Regional Care Group, began as two community mental health centers (CMHCs) providing outpatient behavioral health services to NWI Hoosiers. Over the years, the CMHCs expanded services to cover substance abuse and residential treatment, and eventually partnered to combine administrative services. The changes didn’t stop there. The CMHCs, after combining administrative services, united together as Regional Mental Health Center.
Throughout these changes, our core values (partnership, service, and community) have remained the driving forces behind our commitment to our clients’ progress and well-being — to treat the whole person. These attributes guided our most recent expansion to provide residents and our mental health clients affordable access to quality medical and dental care through Regional Health Clinic.
Regional looked to change the physical health disparities of those we serve, and in March 2014 we opened the first Regional Health Clinic in Hammond.
The breadth and depth of services provided by Regional Health Systems are extensive. As a network of physical, mental and social health care systems, we partner with government and nonprofit entities to provide primary health care, mental health care and social services to help build resilient communities.